Why You Need A Password Manager And How To Set One Up
Post it notes with passwords everywhere?
That used to be me until I installed a password manager. The one I use and recommend is a program called Lastpass.
I'm telling you about Lastpass for 2 reasons:
- You can generate and store secure passwords on your computer and across your devices.
- You can designate someone as an "emergency access" person so they can access your accounts if you're not able to.
The free version is great and it can be used on all of your devices.
The best thing about using a password manager is that you don't have to remember all of your passwords. You only need to remember your master password. LastPass will remember the rest for you.
You can have unique and secure passwords that look like this: YI6G7Jkjiv2l automatically generated and saved for you.
If you've already got a password manager or use LastPass, make sure you add an emergency contact.
Here's how to install LastPass
1. Click this link: https://www.lastpass.com.
2. Click on the big red "Get LastPass Free" button.
3. Follow the instructions to create an account.
4. Make sure you add an emergency contact by following the instructions here: https://helpdesk.lastpass.com/emergency-access/.
Some tips on how to use LastPass
Instead of adding all of your sites at once, just add sites as you use them.
Be sure to set the master password to something you can remember, but not too easy to guess.
Congratulations, you're on your way to getting your digital life organized!
Now that you've started to get your digital life organized, there are other exciting questions to answer such as:
- How do I get started with estate planning?
- Do I need a Will or Living Trust?
- What is an Advanced Health Care Directive?
If you're interested in finding out the answers to these questions and more, I've got good news.
I'm offering free planning sessions with special bonuses and discounts. It's perfect for those who want to make sure their family and assets are properly protected.
If this sounds right to you, I will be sending out notifications to everyone on my email list.
The discounts and bonuses start on Monday, May 29, 2017.
If you're not on the email list you can sign up here. (and get my free guide on the essentials of choosing a guardian for your children.)
But for now, I'd like to challenge you to do just ONE THING in the next 3 minutes:
Just post a comment below if you think LastPass will help you.